McElderry Park is a revitalizing neighborhood in East Baltimore that features two community gardens and easy access to Patterson Park. Rowhomes make up the majority of housing options with some apartments available.
History of Our Neighborhood
McElderry Park takes its name from the McElderry family, who were wealthy merchants in Baltimore in the early 19th century. Irish immigrant Thomas McElderry (1758 – 1810) arrived in Baltimore in 1793 and quickly established himself—building a wharf that bore his name, improving Market Square, and helping found the Baltimore Water Company.
E Monument Street, N Linwood Avenue, E Fayette Street, parts of N Milton Avenue, Orleans Street, and N Patterson Park Avenue make up the community boundaries.
Baltimore Mural Program
The Baltimore Mural Program was created in 1975 to make Baltimore neighborhoods more attractive, instill a sense of pride, provide employment for local artists in their own field, combat graffiti in neighborhoods, and engage young people in the beautification of their own communities. For more information please visit here. McElderry Park currently has 4 murals. Check them out here.
Most errands can be accomplished on foot in McElderry Park Baltimore. McElderry Park is the 38th most walkable neighborhood in Baltimore with a Walk Score of 87.
William Paca Elementary School
Grades Served: Pre-K to 5
Address: 200 North Lakewood Avenue
Tench Tilghman Elementary and Middle School
Grades Served: Pre-K to 8
Address: 600 North Patterson Park Avenue
Things To Do
- Papa Palace Pizza 2426 E Monument St, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Barber Shop
- Hollywood Unisex 2714 Pulaski Hwy, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Grocery Store
- Save A Lot 2509 E Monument St, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Houses of Worship
- Cornerstone Full Gospel Church 401 N Patterson Park Ave, Baltimore, MD 21231
- Hope Community Church Inc. 2400 McElderry St, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Prince of Peace Baptist Church 600 N Linwood Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205
- Harris Creek Community Church 200 N Lakewood Ave, Baltimore, MD 21224
- Amazing Grace Lutheran Church 2424 McElderry St. Baltimore, MD 21205
Copyright © 2021 McElderry Park Community Association. All Rights Reserved. McElderry Park Community Association is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit recognized by the IRS.
Tax ID Number: 52-2275333